Friday, July 07, 2006

Love it and Leave it, Moron!


Go to Venezuela, You Idiot
By Jeff Cohen
t r u t h o u t Perspective
Thursday 06 July 2006


I don't usually take the advice of right-wingers. But I did this time. After receiving inflamed email messages from dozens of angry rightists that I should get the hell out of the USA and go to Venezuela, I accepted their challenge and flew to Caracas.


"Would you like me to start a fund to ship your ass down there, Comrade Cohen?"
What had provoked the often-abusive emailers was my 2005 Internet column urging US residents to buy their gasoline at Citgo, a subsidiary of Venezuela's state oil company. I called for a Citgo BUY-cott, to protest Bush's interventionist foreign policy, while supporting innovative anti-poverty programs in Venezuela. (Last winter, Citgo started a program that provided discounted home-heating oil to low-income families in the US.)


"Hey moron, if you hate America so much and love Venezuela, why don't you go there?"


This funny and very informative article goes on about taking those right – wing American “gringos” advice, point and click at the following link for the complete article detailing recent developments there, or: Go to Venezuela, You Idiot!

1 comment:

Scorpio said...

Around here the Citgo has prices 6 cents/gal less than everyone else. It's worth it to go the extra few blocks to get there.