Sunday, June 15, 2008

Wired Magazine: Check the NSA taps on your computer

The Ghosts of Gitmo are in your computer ...

A pretty in-depth unpacking of recent ATT court mandated disclosures of the "secret rooms" used to intercept all net traffic. A pretty simple MS-DOS command prompt is listed for copy and paste which can be used on Windows machines to tell how much AT&T is scrutinizing your telecommunications. Available at Wired Magazine!


And for the faint of heart reading this entry, a few words from a December 2006 essay by Charles Sullivan:


"While it troubles me that the NSA is lurking in my computer, it does not deter me from exercising my constitutional rights of free speech and, more specifically, speaking truth to power. I am not paranoid or afraid. I have not armed myself. I go on doing what has to be done. I stand behind my words and have every intention of continuing for as long as I draw breath. Truth still matters and someone has to protect it. ... I marvel that I, a man in my fifties of relatively small physical stature, command so much respect from the most powerful government ever assembled. To think that an innocuous figure like me with a long history of non-violence can have so many governmental forces marshaled against me at tax payer expense is both astonishing and appalling. I don’t know whether to be indignant or flattered. ..."


Sullivan has been staring down the NSA plants on his computer for over two years now, read his thoughts at Alternative Press Review.

No comments: