Wednesday, January 30, 2008

You have been frightened and shocked into giving away your treasure, now we're leaving.



WHY
YOU SHOULD
READ
THIS LINK.

A cherished reader forwards the above post ... I have changed the headline, of course, because the times demand your attention. Attention far beyond the occasional vote in a periodic election for a well advertised icon, your attention is necessary because times are about to get seriously "serious."

Surely you know now... we don't own the world and never have. Those who have led us to believe such imperialist claptrap have scoured the critics, such as myself and many others featured on this blog, from the airwaves and the pages of most newspapers.

The phony "War on Terror" is finally starting to settle into the pages of history as one of the most expensive boondoggles undertaken on a massive scale, designed to inflict maximum profits for the corporate elites and those that Eisenhower, a famous Republican liberal (more liberal than Bill Clinton) warned us of as "the military industrial complex."

The plundering has been so large and so frenzied that the empire is now on the downslide, whether the fall comes about as a quickly lethal free fall into national chaos, or a bumpy glide from plateau to lower plateau, that is all, yet to be decided. You have been frightened and shocked, but now as Naomi Klein has described, the time is "to regroup, to recover."

Another critic commenting on the world class charlatans' recent atttempts to abate this financial crisis that has ensued from this epic debacle as "urinating on raging bon fires." Yet another more humorous critic said of the corporate elites' recent "economic stimulus package" as , "they're comin' to kill us, here's $600, we're outtah here" to describe the immediate future in the U. S.

Last night I was recruiting my 10 year old, type 1 diabetic son, to help me create an audio clip about Bush's last State of the "Union" speech. I half-joked with him, but my quiet thought, if it is his last State of the "Union" -- if he bombs Iran this Spring, the ensuing world catastrophe, my mind reels with the mental image of Bush standing before a similar audience in congress declaring a suspension of the elections and invoking many of the draconian executive orders he and his sick minions have drafted for a final fascist takeover of government.
I didn't speak of that, my son, my family, my neighbors must be protected from my darkest fears. Bush wouldn't do that, would he?
Yet my son and I must have our political fun. My life's work has always been as stated, "to lob literary hand grenades over the political stonewalling careerists' heads." And fun is the necessary ingredient that must be stirred in the mental stew pot.
We both have tremendous fun making these audio and video clips so I was chiding him to help me create an audio skit. Without describing the content too much (I wanted to dub a very short clip from Spielberg's classic "Jaws") my son began to protest.
I stopped and listened to him ... because for the first time he didn't want me to post it "for the whole world to hear" because "the National Guard will come and take you away."

My only response was to inform him that most of the Kansas National Guard is being wounded and wasted in foreign lands and almost all their tanks and trucks are being ground up with desert sands ... besides that, the Kansas National Guard is made up of our neighbors.

My son and I agreed to continue on and make the project and when it is completed to conduct a familyvote on whether to post it "for the whole world" to see.

I hope you will listen in to our next Blue Barn Radio show ... to hear the result.

No comments: