Saturday, May 21, 2011

10 Steps to Defeat the Corpratocracy

by Bruce E. Levine



As a "comfortable anti-authoritarian" it's really easy for me to settle into my little sanctuary here and forget about the real pain of those afflicted by the corpratocracy. Whether I'm reading the news on the internet, working in the garden or shop or trying to build local community in my own personal ways, my focus tends toward doing something to improve our screwed up cultural/social situation, but in the long term I do feel discouraged and on the verge of defeat. This article by psychologist Bruce Levine and his book is helping me to reactivate and renew my efforts. Give it a try.

"To summarize, democracy will not be won without guts and solidarity. Risk-free green actions - such as shopping from independents, buying local, recycling, composting, consuming less, not watching television and so on - can certainly help counter a dehumanizing world. However, revolutions that truly transform fundamental power inequities and enable us to feel like men and women rather than children and slaves require risk, guts and solidarity."

No comments: