Wednesday, April 13, 2011

George Kenney: "Nixon Now!" @ Huffington Post

[Excerpt]

... I sat down in a molded plastic stackable chair. "But however you identify yourself," I continued, "I'm really curious about how you would describe today's Republican Party." "Well," he said, "the first thing, they're not conservative." Then silence. "What do you mean?", I asked. "A conservative," he said, "believes in people who are conscientious, who work hard for a living, who contribute to their community." I'm thinking 'that describes a liberal, too,' when I heard him sniff. "Republicans, these Republicans today," he said, "Uh, you know, they're pawns of Wall Street and the rich." A pause. "Those people who live on money, I hate them more than anything else." Then, in a whisper, "Undying. Eternal. Hatred. ...

Read more Kenney who produces the podcast Electric Politics at the Huffington Post.

No comments: